Iodine-131 Treatment for Feline Hyperthyroidism — A One Shot Deal!
We don’t use the word breakthrough lightly. But consider the following facts about Radioiodine treatment:
- It’s the only method that consistently eliminates thyroid tumors — for good.
- It’s more cost-effective than drugs or surgery.
- There are no harmful side effects.
- There is no tissue or organ damage – including the parathyroid glands.
- There is no damage to healthy thyroid tissue.
- There is no anesthesia required.
- There is no daily pilling.
- It destroys thyroid tumors wherever they are located.
- It returns thyroid function to normal usually within one month.
- Experts agree – it’s the treatment of choice.
Now compare that with these facts about your past options – medical and surgical therapies:
Radiocat has treated over 70,000 cats successfully. More than any other provider in the world. Here's why.
- Does not cure the disease or kill the thyroid tumors; in fact, the tumor can keep growing, making medical management less and less effective.
- Causes harmful side effects like nausea, vomiting, lethargy, lack of appetite and hair loss/facial scabbing.
- Causes loss of vital white blood cells and blood clotting abilities.
- Causes long-term damage to liver and kidneys.
- Damages owner-pet relationship by requiring pilling, 1-3 times daily.
- Increases the need for blood tests to monitor thyroid hormone levels and potential side effects.
- Costs $500-$700 per year, for the rest of your cat's life.
- Requires anesthesia.
- May damage parathyroid glands.
- Creates difficulty in identifying/removing the entire tumor.
- Leads to persistence of Hyperthyroidism post-surgery (80% of cases already have another tumor on the opposite side that will become clinically significant within 1.5 years).
- Costs $700-$1300 for one surgery.
- Is often performed in two surgeries.
- Leaves thyroid tissue in the chest where the tumor can recur.
- Leaves many cats still needing I-131 therapy, even after undergoing one or more surgeries.
As you can see, Radioiodine therapy is the clear treatment of choice and the only consistent cure for Feline Hyperthyroidism.